No. 21/11/2010-CS.I (U)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension
Department of Personnel & Training
2nd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi
Dated 28th November, 2013
As Ministries/ Departments are aware. Department of Personnel & Training being the cadre controlling authority for Central Secretariat Service (CSS) has got a web based cadre management system developed for cadre management of CSS.
2. The web based system has been hosted on an NIC Server and is available at URL: http://www.cscms.nic.in
3. Objective of the system. The cadre management functions of CSS till now have been carried out by manual updation of data by keeping track of each and every activity/communication. It is a cumbersome task and unreliable as many of the orders issued by Ministries/Departments in implementation of orders issued by this Department or otherwise are not received by CS Division and vice versa Absence of accurate, updated information leads to delay in carrying out cadre management activities and many times to avoidable reworking. To obviate various difficulties faced inthe cadre management activities, the web based cadre management system has been launched so that data is updated on real time basis which would facilitate quicker and correct decisions relating to cadre management functions The primary objective of the Web Based Cadre Management System is to reduce paper work and delay involved in cadre management of CSS by shifting cadre management related activities online.
4. Stakeholders of the system :
(i) CS.I Division of DoPT: Being the cadre controlling authority of CSS, CS.I Division would also function as administrator of the system.
(ii) AVD.I Division. DoPT – Being the disciplinary authority of US and above level officers of CSS will be responsible for updating of vigilance status of these levels of officers in the system.
(iii) Ministries / Departments Nodal officers appointed by Ministries/Departments are responsible for correctness of data in respect of officers of CSS posted in the Ministries/ Departments concerned. They are also responsible for updating information in the web based system in implementation of various orders issued by DoPT.
(iv) Individual officers: They can view their data and will notify nodal officer concerned and DoPT in respect of any inaccuracy in the data for correction. They can make requests for cadre clearance for deputation through on-line system, They are also required to file annual Immovable Properly Return and can view orders related to them.
5. Officers can login to the system with a default User Id, the userid which is a combination of eight digit date of birth followed by first four letters of their name i.e.: ddmmyyyyabcci. For example if the name and date of birth of the officer is Peter and date of birth is 3 June 1965 then his userid is 03061965pete. The default password is apple 123 which the officers will be required to change at the first login.
6. User manual of the system is available at the Help tab after log in to the system.
7. The system will be successful only if the complete and accurate data in respect of all the Officers are available in the system. Data in respect of several officers have not been submitted by the Ministries/Departments till date despite several reminders. Therefore, CS.I Division has uploaded the basic available information in respect of such officers. It may be appreciated that complete and accurate data is the foremost requirement to fully utilize the software for all cadre management activities proposed through the system.
8. Ministries/ Departments and individual officers of CSS are,therefore, once again requested to login to the system to check if their complete and up to date data is available in the system They should immediately bring to the notice of the Nodal Officer concerned and DoPT about any discrepancy noticed in their data for correction, Further, if the data of any officer is not available n the system, the same should be forwarded to this Department without any further delay Sufficient time has already been given to both Ministries/Departments concerned and individual officers for providing data and any further delay reflects very poorly on the officer and the Ministry / Department concerned. Officers concerned are also informed if their complete and accurate data is not available in the system any request for cadre clearance for deputation, training etc. may not be considered. Further, their names may also get excluded from the zone of promotion. Accordingly, all officers in their own interest are advised to ensure that their data complete in all respects is available in the system. Once complete data is available in the system, this Department will issue posting, transfer and promotion orders only through the system. Similarly, thereafter, the Ministries / Departments will issue orders for relieving/joining, appointment on promotion etc only through the system.
8. The system has the following modules:
(i) Employee Information System
(ii) Promotion Management System
(iii) Transfer Management System
(iv) Deputation Management System
(v) Training Management System
(vi) VRS Resignation Processing System
(vii) Vacancy Management System
(viii) Immovable Property Return Management System
(ix) Vigilance Clearance Management System
(x) Reservation Roster Management System
(xi) Grievance Management System.
9 (i) Employee Information : This module is the heart of the web based system as all the modules of the system work on the data of the employees. Each and every cadre management activity carried out through the system automatically updates the data. This system enables generation of various reports on the basis of data viz. (i) Personal Information Report (ii) RTP report (iii) multi-information report (iii) Events report viz, retirement, deputation. VRS etc . (ív) vacancy report (v) Designation wise report etc. Therefore, the importance of complete and accurate data can hardly be overemphasized
(ii) Promotion / Transfer Module: Henceforth CS.I Division will simultaneously issue promotionl transfer orders through the system also. Ministnes/ Departments will indicate the relieving / joining details of officers in the system immediately on relieving/ joining of an officer on the basis of orders issued by this Department
(iii) Deputation Management System : CS.I Division grants cadre clearance to US and above level officers of CSS for deputation. Individual officers will also apply through the system for cadre clearance for deputation. Nodal officers of the Ministries / Departments will forward the requests online. Henceforth. if the requests for cadre clearance for deputation are also not received through the system, the same will not be entertained. Copy of the relevant portion of the advertisement should also be scanned and uploaded in the system. The scanned copy will be in pdf and jpeg formats and should not exceed 1 MB. Once selected for deputation, the officer will be relieved through the deputation module of the system.
(iv) Voluntary Retirement : CS.l Division conveys approval of MoS (PP) for voluntary retirement of US and above level officers of CSS. Henceforth, if the request for voluntary retirement is not received through the system, the same will not be entertained.
(v) Vigilance status : Vigilance clearance whenever required in connection with cadre management activities will be sought and obtained through the system. In respect of US and above level officers it will be updated both by the Ministries / Departments and by AVD.I of DoPT. Upto SO level, Ministries / Departments will update the system.
(vi) Immovable Property Return : All CSS officers will be required to file the immovable property return through the system. US and above level officers will also be required to take a print out of the return submitted online, sign it and send the same to CS.I Division, DoPT for records.
(vii) Mandatory Training CS.I Division, DoPT will nominate officers for mandatory training through the system. Their attendance and result will also be captured in the system.
10. Co-operation of all is solicited in making this endeavour of DOPT a success towards a better, transparent and more efficient cadre management of CSS.
(Utkaarsh R Tiwaari)