All India Consumer Price Index Number for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) on base 2001=100 for the month of February, 2011 decreased by 3 points and stood at 185 (one hundred and eighty five).
During February, 2011, the index recorded decrease of 9 points in Bangalore centre, 8 points in Warrangal centre, 7 points in Coimbatore centre, 6 points in 4 centres, 5 points in 12 centres, 4 points in 8 centres, 3 points in 13 centres, 2 points in 19 centres and 1 point in 9 centres. The index increased by 2 points each in Quilon, Jalandhar and Munger Jamalpur centres, 1 point each in Darjeeling and Sholapur centres, while in the remaining 5 centres the index remained stationary.
The maximum decrease of 9 points in Bangalore centre is mainly on account of decrease in the prices of Rice, Wheat, Onion, Vegetable & Fruit items, Flower/Flower Garlands, etc. The decrease of 8 points in Warrangal centre is due to decrease in the prices of Rice, Eggs (Hen), Onion, Vegetable & Fruit items, etc. The decrease of 7 points in Coimbatore centre is due to decrease in the prices of Rice, Eggs (Hen), Onion, Vegetable & Fruit items, Flower/Flower Garlands, etc. The increase of 2 points in Quilon, Jalandhar and Munger Jamalpur centres is the outcome of increase in the prices of Rice, Wheat, Wheat Atta, Firewood, Washing Soap, Electricity Charges, etc. whereas, the increase of 1 point in Darjeeling and Sholapur centres is due to increase in the prices of Rice, Wheat, Wheat Atta, Mustard Oil, Repair Charges, etc.
The indices in respect of the six major centres are as follows :
The All-India (General) point to point rate of inflation for the month of February, 2011 is 8.82% as compared to 9.30% in January, 2011. Inflation based on Food Index is 7.65% in February, 2011 as compared to 10.22% in January, 2011.
- ► 2016 (816)
- ► 2015 (959)
- ► 2014 (858)
- ► 2013 (649)
- ► 2012 (453)
- All India Consumer Price Index Numbers(AICPIN) for...
- HIKE IN SOME ALLOWANCES AFTER DA (DEARNESS ALLOWAN...
- Postal employees threaten to go on indefinite stri...
- Special Class Railway Apprentices Exam, 2011-UPSC
- COMMON SENIORITY LIST OF LDC OF CSCS
- REVISED DA ORDER FROM 1.1.2011
- Annual Reports regarding Representation of SCs, ST...
- Govt approves 6 pc hike in (DA)dearness allowance
- EXPECTED DEARNESS ALLOWANCE (DA) JANUARY 2011
- Incentive scheme for Central staff to be announced...
- Nomination of Steno Grade ‘C’ for inclusion in the...
- Declaration of Holiday on 14th April, 2011- Birthd...
- Declaration of rate of interest on EPF interest fo...
- Government approves 9.5% interest on PF deposits f...
- Record note on the meeting of Joint Committee on M...
- Amendment of the Apprenticeship Act
- MACP-SUB COMMITTEE MEETING
- Procedure to be observed by the Departmental Promo...
- Central Government Employees and Pensioners Health...
- DEARNESS ALLOWANCE (DA) JANUARY 2011
- Babus retirement age set to go up
- Combined Defence Services Exam 2010 Results Announ...
- Backlog of Vacancies Reserved for Persons with Dis...
- Clarification regarding reimbursement of LTC-80 fa...
- Relaxation in educational qualification for the re...
- Issue of pensioner CGHS Cards to Central Governmen...
- Time-Limit for Disciplinary Action Against Govt. S...
- OVERSTAY WHILE ON DEPUTATION-DOPT
- Acceptance of Recommendation of the Sixth Cen...
- ▼ March (29)
- ► 2010 (956)
LATEST NEWS ON LTC
LATEST NEWS ON DEARNESS ALLOWANCE
RETIREMENT AGE FOR CENTRAL STAFF
REDUCE RETIREMENT AGE FOR NEW CENTRAL EMPLOYEES FROM 1/1/2016 NO PROPOSAL TO INCREASE RETIREMENT AGE FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES J&K govt increases retirement age from 58 to 60 Employees to get pension payment order soon after retirement RAISE THE RETIREMENT AGE TO 65 YEARS Central govt employees’ retirement age to be extended by 2 years to 62 Union government wants retirement age 62 Cabinet decision to increase retirement age deferred Govt not considering to raise retirement age to 62 yrs
MACPS/ACPS for the Central Government Civilian Employees – Regarding MACP Scheme - treatment of employees appointed through LDCE/GDCE against Promotee Quota vacancies at par with those selected against DR/LDCE quota vacancies —reg. CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES DEMANDS ON MACP MODIFIED ASSURED CAREER PROGRESSION SCHEME FOR MULTI TASKING STAFF Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme for the Central Government Civilian Employees SUMMARY RECORD OF DISCUSSIONS HELD DURING THE THIRD MEETING OF THE JOINT COMMITEE ON MACPS LATEST FAQ ON MACP FOR CENTRAL GOVT EMPLOYEES