Finance ministry has granted 4600 grade pay to 6500-10500 wef 01-01-2006
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
NewDelhi,dated 13th November,2009.
Subject:- Grant of the revised pay structure of grade pay of Rs.4600 in the pay band PB-2 to posts that existed in the pre-revised scale of Rs.6500-10500 as on 1.1.2006 and which were granted the normal replacement pay structure of grade pay of Rs.4200 in the pay band PB-2
Sixth Pay commission recommended merger of the three pre-revised scales of Rs.5000-8000, Rs.5500-9000 and Rs.6500-10500 and replaced them by the revised pay structure of grade pay of Rs.4200 in the pay band PB-2. Vide para 2.2.21 (v) of its report, the Commission recommended that on account of the merger of these 3 scales, some posts which constituted feeder and promotion grades would come to lie in an identical grade. The Commission gave specific recommendations in its Report granting higher grade pay of Rs.4600 to some categories of these posts. As regards the other posts, the Commission recommended that it should first be seen if the posts in theses 3 scales can be merged without any functional disturbance and if possible, the same should be done, Further, the Commission recommended that in case it is not feasible to merge the posts in these pay scales n functional consideration, the posts in the scale of Rs.5000-8000 and Rs.5500-9000 should be merged with the posts in the scale of Rs.6500-10500 being upgraded to the next higher grade in the pay band PB-2 with grade pay of Rs.4600 corresponding to the pre-revised scale of Rs.7450-11500, the posts being upgraded from the scale of Rs.6500-10500 should be merged with the post in the scale of Rs. 7450-10500.
The above recommendations of the Sixth Pay Commission were notified vide para (ii), Section I in Parts B and C of the First Schedule to the CCS (RP) Rules,2008. While Part B of the First Schedule of he CCS(RP) Rules relates to revised pay scales for common categories of staff, Part C notifies revised pay structure for certain posts in Ministries, Departments and Union Territories. The above provisions of the Rules specifically mentioned that upgradations in terms of para (ii) Section I may be done in consultation with Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance.
Consequent upon the Notification of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008, Department of Expenditure has received a large number of references from administrative ministries / departments proposing upgradations of the posts which were in the pre-revised scale of Rs.6500-10500 as on 1.1.2006 by been granting them grade pay of Rs.4600 in the pay band PB-2. The matter has been considered and it has now been decided that the posts which were granted the normal replacement pay structure of grade pay of Rs.4200 in the pay band PB-2, will be granted pay of Rs.4600 in the pay band PB-2 corresponding to the pre-revised scale of Rs.7450-11500 w.e.f.1.1.2006. Further, in terms of the aforementioned provisions of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008, in case a post already existed in the pre-revised scale of Rs.7450-11500, the posts being upgraded from the scale of Rs.5600-10500 should be merged with the post in the scale of Rs.7450-11500.
Accordingly, in terms of Rule 6 of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008, revised pay of Government servants in the pre-revised scale of Rs.6500-10500 who were earlier granted grade pay of Rs.4200 and who have already exercised their option for drawal of pay in the revised pay structure in the format prescribed in the Second Schedule to the Rules, will be fixed again in accordance with illustration 4A annexed to CCS (RP)Rules,008.
In case of all such Government servants in the pre-revised scale of Rs.6500-10500 who were earlier granted grade pay of Rs.4200 and who had opted to have their pay fixed under CCS(RP) Rules, 2008, action as prescribed in this Department’s O.M. of even number dated 30th August, 2008 will be taken. In case a Government servant desires to revise his earlier option for coming over to the revised pay structure, he may be permitted to do so without any reference to this Department.
6. On account of pay fixation in the revised pay structure of grade pay of Rs.4600 in the pay band PB-2, arrears of pay will be recalculated and difference of arrears in respect of the entire amount will be paid immediately. The manner of drawal of arrears ahs already been indicated in this Departments/s O.M. of even number dated 30.8.2008.
LATEST PAY COMMISSION NEWS
When we will get our house rent allowance? This is the question nowadays often raised by the central government employees. The Central...
All central government employees know that children education allowance was introduced by the Sixth CPC to give financial assist for employe...
Comrades, The media is debating that the allowances committee headed by Shri Ashok Lavasa Finance Secretary has su...
Mystery over effective date of implementation of revised Allowances Three dates are currently being speculated for implementation of rev...
The government is planning to extend the retirement age of all central government employees by two years from the current 60 to 62 years. ...
7TH CPC PAY MATRIX TABLE FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT CIVILIAN EMPLOYEES Source:7cpc report
CONFEDERATION OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES & WORKERS 16TH MARCH 2017 BATTLE LINES ARE DRAWN WELL SET FOR ACTION Within a ...
7th Pay Commission: Delay in release of higher allowances irks central govt employees; Arun Jaitley blamedNew Delhi, Mar 3: About 47 lakh Central government employees and 53 lakh pensioners have been waiting for higher allowances under the 7th ...
A union body of central government employees today met members of the Ashok Lavasa committee over HRA or housing rent allowance related to S...
Office of the CGDA, Ulan Batar Road, Palam, Delhi Cantt – 10 No.AN/III/3012/Circular Vol-VII Dated 03-03-2017 To, All PCsDA/PC...
- ► 2016 (855)
- ► 2015 (957)
- ► 2014 (858)
- ► 2013 (649)
- ► 2012 (453)
- ► 2011 (437)
- ► 2010 (956)
- TAX DEFAULTERS FACE ACTION
- GOVT SEEKS REPORT FROM CAT CONVENER
- UNIFORM SCHOOL SYLLABUS
- RAILWAYS TO LEASE OUT LAND TO EMPLOYEES FOR CULTI...
- PLAN EARLY FOR RETIREMENT
- AR INDIA UNIONS SEEKS ARVIND JADAVS REMOVAL
- PREVENTIVE MEASURES TO CONTROL SWINE FLU VIRUS
- EMI CALCULATION METHOD -RESERVE BANK
- SOON, FOUNDATION FOR IIT ENTRY TO BE LAID IN CLASS...
- WOMENS DAY CELEBRATED BY RAILWAY WOMENS WELFARE CE...
- RESULT FOR CDS EXAM (1)-2009 ANNOUNCED
- KENDRIYA HINDI SAMITI RECONSTITUTED
- PAY HIKE FOR WEST BENGAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES
- WE ARE FIRM ON STRIKE FROM NOV 24 -AI PILOTS
- NEW PENSION SCHEME -DOES NOT MEET THE BASIC REQUIR...
- HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEME FOR GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES O...
- RAILWAYS TO EMPLOY PEOPLE HELPING TO PREVENT ACCID...
- AIR INDIA LIKELY TO GET RS 800 CRORE
- ABOLITION OF 10TH BOARD EXAM STILL BEING DEBATED;P...
- FINANCE MINISTRY HAS GRANTED 4600 GRADE PAY TO 650...
- STRENGTHENING RAILWAY SYSTEM
- IIM BANGALORE GETS180 SLOT ZERO OFFERS
- IRDA BLOCKS MOVE TO CUT AGENT FEE
- AIR INDIA PAYS A MONTH INITIATIVES TO PILOTS ,MAY ...
- RAILWAYS TO FILL UP 40000 VACANTS POSTS SOON
- DEFENCE PENSION ADALAT------FAQ
- BSNL EMPLOYEES CONTRIBUTE ONE DAY SALARY TO FLOOD ...
- STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION DECLARES RESULT DATA...
- TEACHER TRAINING AND RECRUITEMENT
- JUNIOR TRANSLATOR EXAM RESULT ANNOUNCED
- UPSC---RAILWAY APPRENTICES EXAM 2009
- IGNOU-----B.Tech ENTRANCE TEST AGAIN
- CENTRAL GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS STAFF DON BLACK BANDS A...
- ▼ November (33)
LATEST NEWS ON LTC
LATEST NEWS ON DEARNESS ALLOWANCE
RETIREMENT AGE FOR CENTRAL STAFF
REDUCE RETIREMENT AGE FOR NEW CENTRAL EMPLOYEES FROM 1/1/2016 NO PROPOSAL TO INCREASE RETIREMENT AGE FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES J&K govt increases retirement age from 58 to 60 Employees to get pension payment order soon after retirement RAISE THE RETIREMENT AGE TO 65 YEARS Central govt employees’ retirement age to be extended by 2 years to 62 Union government wants retirement age 62 Cabinet decision to increase retirement age deferred Govt not considering to raise retirement age to 62 yrs
MACPS/ACPS for the Central Government Civilian Employees – Regarding MACP Scheme - treatment of employees appointed through LDCE/GDCE against Promotee Quota vacancies at par with those selected against DR/LDCE quota vacancies —reg. CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES DEMANDS ON MACP MODIFIED ASSURED CAREER PROGRESSION SCHEME FOR MULTI TASKING STAFF Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme for the Central Government Civilian Employees SUMMARY RECORD OF DISCUSSIONS HELD DURING THE THIRD MEETING OF THE JOINT COMMITEE ON MACPS LATEST FAQ ON MACP FOR CENTRAL GOVT EMPLOYEES